Easy Aromatic Chicken Curry recipe to help you celebrate National Curry Week in style! October 10 2014
National Curry Week (13-19th Oct) aims to get people all across the UK involved in curry-based activities to raise funds to help combat poverty in South Asia.
Join in with all the fun - create an easy and healthy chicken curry for all the family to enjoy!
Aromatic Chicken Curry
Mild Tandoori Marinade
Spicy Tandoori Marinade
1. Heat oil or cooking spray in a large heavy based wok/pan
2. Add onions and cook on low-medium heat until they are just starting to lightly brown. Add garlic and fry for 2-3 mins.
3. Add chicken and Ambu Tree tandoori marinade to the pan.
4. Pan fry, stirring occasionally, until the liquid released on cooking has evaporated and the oil separates from the spices. This is important to ensure that spices are cooked and maximises their flavour. Generally this should take around 15 minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, stir and cover for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add 1-2 cups of water (depending on how much gravy you want), cover and cook for 5-10 mins. Check salt (adding more, if required). Add freshly chopped coriander and stir into the curry for one minute.
7. Serve with rice and fresh green salad.