Aromatic Chicken Curry
Mild Tandoori Marinade
Spicy Tandoori Marinade
- Heat oil or cooking spray in a large heavy based wok/pan.
- Add onions and cook on low-medium heat until they are just starting to lightly brown. Add garlic and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add chicken and a half pot of Ambu Tree tandoori marinade to the pan.
- Pan fry, stirring occasionally, until the liquid released on cooking has evaporated and the oil separates from the spices. This is important to ensure that spices are cooked and maximises their flavour. Generally this should take around 15 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir and cover for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of water (depending on how much gravy you want), cover and cook for 5-10 mins. Check salt (adding more, if required). Add freshly chopped coriander and stir into the curry for one minute.
- Serve with rice and fresh green salad.